Benefits As a 3Mer, you’ll have opportunities to make a substantial impact, fueled by competitive pay, comprehensive quality benefits and recognition of your achievements.
Your 3M pay recognizes the meaningful contributions you make to business results. Your pay may include two components: base salary and variable pay. While base pay applies to all employees, variable pay is offered to eligible employees.
Annual Incentive Plan
For eligible salaried employees, this links a portion of your pay to company metrics. Based on company performance and eligibility, payments are made to employees annually.
Long-term Incentive Plan
Based on your job level, you may be eligible to participate. Includes stock options, stock appreciation rights, and restricted stock units grants for management employees.
Each sales representative's pay includes incentives paid monthly or quarterly, depending on business performance and the business you represent.
Your benefits are an important part of your total compensation at 3M. You are eligible to participate in most of these benefits beginning on your first day of employment.
Health Care Benefits
Depending on the options that you choose, you may have extra credits available to assist you in your wellness account. Because there are many ways for you to “focus on your health,” the wellness account allows you to spend some flex credits in the way that makes sense for you: fitness activities, sports equipment, nutrition support, or personal development expenses.
We provide employee paid long term disability coverage in the event you become ill or are injured and unable to work.
3M offers a variety of life and accidental insurance plans for you and your eligible dependents. Basic Life Insurance coverage is provided at no cost to you, with other optional life insurance coverages offered at group rates.
Domestic Partner Benefits
We offer same sex domestic partner benefits to employees who meet the requirements of having a domestic partner. Eligible domestic partners and their eligible child(ren) can receive medical and dental benefits, as well as optional life insurance coverages, subject to plan terms and requirements.
Paid Time Off
3M offers paid time off that includes vacation, holidays, and other time off to help you balance your work and personal life.
After two months of service at 3M, our General Employees Stock Purchase Plan allows you to contribute 3-10 percent of your after-tax pay to purchase 3M stock at an option price that is 85 percent of the fair market value of the stock.
Our Retirement Program provides a solid foundation of retirement benefits, such as a Defined Contribution Plan and an optional Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan. Effective June 1, 2015, new salaried hires will not be entitled to Post Retirement Health and Dental coverage.
For your health
- On-site fitness centers/fitness center discounts
- Weight management program reimbursement
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tobacco cessation offerings and resources
- Stress management coaching, shift work resources, travel medicine opportunities
For your personal and family life
- Child and adult (elder) care consultation and referral
- Financial and legal consultation and referral services
- Parenting resources, scholarship programs, and personal growth resources
- Scholarships for eligible dependents of employees
- Group auto and home insurance
- 3M Club, a venue to share hobbies and interests, as well as discounted tickets
- Support for community involvement: 3M Community Giving
- Flexible Work Arrangements to balance your work and personal life, such as part-time or alternative work schedules
For your development
- Leadership development programs
- Knowledge-sharing forums and communities
- Function-based formal education and training activities
- Web-based courses
- Development planning tools
- Tuition reimbursement