3M™ Computer Filters are easy to assemble and care for. The information on this page offers cleaning tips, installation instructions and tips on reducing glare in your working environment.
Watch Installation Video
(Adobe Flash Player 7.0 or higher required)
Printer-friendly Installation Guides
Installing a 3M™ Computer Filter is easy. Download the following documents for assembly instructions.
Applying 3M™ Privacy or Protection Films is easy. Download the following documents for step-by-step instructions. Always begin with a thoroughly clean screen on your device.
3M™ Computer Filters are easy to clean. Remove the filter from your device. Use a soft, lint-free cloth with ammonia-free glass cleaner to wipe away fingerprints, smudges and soil. Reinstall your filter.
There are a few easy adjustments you can make to help reduce screen glare and related eyestrain in your computer environment
- Make sure your monitor is at the recommended viewing distance of 20-32" (50-80 cm) away
- With your screen dark, check for reflections on your screen from windows or lights; use blinds, dim or diffuse lights to reduce the glare
- Arrange your workspace so there is no light shining directly in your eyes or on your computer screen.
- Wear dark clothing that doesn't reflect light the way whites or like colors will, when performing computer tasks
- Get annual eye exams, as recommended by the American Optometric Association (AOA)
- If you need corrective lenses, inform your doctor you work at a computer; it may make a difference in your prescription
All 3M™ Computer Filters help safeguard fragile LCD screens from scratches, fingerprints and smudges. Today's LCD screens are brighter and easier to view, but are also easier to scratch and damage. Repairs can be costly. A 3M Computer Filter can help protect the screen from damage while reducing glare and eyestrain.